Let me start by saying this is not my recipe. But it’s so flipping good that I have to share it with you all. It all goes back to being bored. We get tired of the same meals every single week. And you’d think with me being a food blogger and all we’d have new stuff, but really we don’t. I make about one new thing a week. Until I discovered EveryPlate. Now I make 3 new things most weeks.
This recipe for the Garlicky White Sauce Flatbreads wasn’t something I’d normally try. To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the gushy mess on the inside of tomatoes, so slicing them and putting them on a flatbread really didn’t float my boat much. But it is So. Good.
The EveryPlate box comes with all of the things you need to make this recipe, but you can find them in your grocery store too, which is why I feel comfortable sharing the recipe with you. You don’t need to buy anything fancy. Just flatbreads, tomatoes, zucchini, some everyday seasonings, and cheeses.
How to Make Garlicky White Sauce Flatbreads
The first thing I did was get the veggies ready. The Roma tomatoes were cut into thin slices and the zucchini was cut into thin half moon shapes and seasoned before being put in the oben.
Next, I prepared the garlic for roasting. To be honest, fresh roasted garlic is awesome, but next time I’ll either go with storebought or just use minced garlic. My apartment smelled like garlic for days.
When the zucchini was done, I took it out and combined it with the tomatoes. It smelled ah-mazing and I totally think I’m going to make that into some sort of side dish down the road.
How to make the white sauce:
In my nonstick frying pan I melted butter and added flour and garlic powder. After less than a minute I added water and cream cheese until it was combined. Then I seasoned that with lots of salt and pepper. I’m really generous with the seasonings in most of my dishes, so if you’re not into bold flavors, you’d go light here.
Finally the garlic was finished so I chopped up the garlic and put it on the flatbreads, followed by the white sauce, veggies, and mozzarella (in that order.)
Next, you’re supposed to broil till the mozzarella on your Garlicky White Sauce Flatbreads gets all melty. I don’t have a broiler so I just popped it back in the oven for a few minutes.
Seriously, people, Garlicky White Sauce Flatbreads was one of the most amazing dinners I’ve ever eaten.
Deliciously garlicky white sauce flatbreads for two make the perfect weeknight meal. You'll never look at flatbreads the same way again!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Roma tomato
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 flatbreads
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- chili powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Trim and cut zucchini into 1/2 inch thick half-moons.
- Cut tomato into 1/4 inch thick half-moons.
- Peel garlic. Place cloves in the center of a small piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet.
- Toss zucchini with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet with garlic packet.
- Roast on the top oven rack for 12-15 minutes, or until zucchini is brown and tender.
- Toss tomato in a bowl with 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once zucchini is tender, toss with tomato.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and return to top oven rack until lightly toasted and garlic is softened, 5-7 minutes.
- While flatbreads and garlic are in the oven, melt 1 tbsp butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add flour, garlic powder, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Whisk about 30 seconds and then add 1/2 cup of water and cream cheese. Melt and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Transfer garlic cloves to a cutting board and chop roughly. Heat the broiler to high.
- Evenly top the flatbreads with sauce, garlic, and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and broil until cheese melts.
- Slice flatbreads and sprinkle with chili powder before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 1125mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 25g
Nutrition facts may not be accurate.
I think that it’s important to talk about EveryPlate for a minute. I’m not an affiliate, but I really do like the service and I’ve found a lot of value in it. It’s also pretty budget friendly. My grocery bill is actually less since I’ve been using it because I don’t buy a big jar of honey to only use one tablespoon. The spices and everything are all portioned out precisely to what you need so you don’t have to measure anything, either. It makes cooking easy.
We really like eating all different things, and we get excited when it’s time to choose a new weekly menu. What will it be this week? We have several weeks planned ahead already. You can get 3, 4, or 5 meals, but we usually do 3 just because there are always leftovers.
Which brings me to my next point. The servings are huge. You don’t get just a little portion like with other subscription boxes. There is always more than enough to eat.
How to get a discount on EveryPlate Garlicky White Sauce Flatbreads
I do encourage you to try EveryPlate – and I do have a referral code that you can use to get a discount. Use this link to get a $20 discount off of your first EveryPlate box.