Oh hello salad season! I've been waiting all winter for you! One of my favorite seasonal salads is broccoli and potato salad. You can make it in the winter too, but to me it just tastes so much better in the Spring and Summer months. Easy Broccoli and Potato salad complements almost every meal, but is especially great with burgers and sandwiches.
One of my favorite things about this salad is its simplicity. With only 5 ingredients, you can whip it up fast in a pinch. The longer it sits, the better it is, though! The dressing soaks into the broccoli and potatoes and gives them a bold and zesty flavor.
Broccoli and potato salad is also a great way to use up leftover broccoli and potatoes. As a bonus, there is no mayonnaise in the dressing - all you use is a simple bottle of your favorite Italian dressing for the recipe! It doesn't get much easier.
If you're on a special dairy free or gluten free diet, this is the salad for you! It is also a great salad to bring to a barbecue or serve at home if you're hosting one! Because there is no dairy in it, you can leave it out a little bit longer than you would leave a potato salad with a mayonnaise based dressing.
Ingredients for Broccoli and Potato Salad
1 small head broccoli
2 boiled potatoes, skin on, diced
1 stalk celery
¼ cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon fresh parsley - check out this post on how to grow herbs at home!
- Dice the potatoes and boil them for approximately 30 minutes, or until they are the consistency you want. It's important not to make them too mushy but you don't want them to be too firm either.
- Cook the broccoli until it's tender. Personal preference comes in here - some people love their broccoli still quite crunchy and others prefer to have softer broccoli.
- Let both the broccoli and the potatoes cool at least to room temperature before mixing.
- Cut the cooked broccoli into florets and place in a bowl with the cooked potatoes and celery.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the broccoli, potato, and celery mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Questions People Ask:
Broccoli and Potato Salad is an easy, zesty salad that your taste buds will love. It
I don't personally peel the potatoes, but you certainly can. I'm all about doing what's easiest.
Steamer directions: Place the florets into a steamer basket above about an inch of water. Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes or until it is fork tender.
Microwave directions: In a covered and vented microwave safe container, cover the broccoli with water. Cook for approximately 4 minutes on high or until the broccoli is fork tender.
You can use dressing made any way that you want to - if you choose to use oil and vinegar, mix them in a bowl first before dressing the salad.
This salad is not keto friendly. Potatoes have a high carbohydrate content. If you want to make it keto friendly, substitute the potatoes for cauliflower and follow the same instructions for cooking the broccoli.
You can store broccoli and potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You definitely can make this salad ahead of time. The longer it sits in the dressing, the tastier the broccoli and potatoes will be!
Yes! This salad freezes well. Just make sure to thaw completely and stir it up good before serving.
This simple broccoli salad elevates potato salad to a new level. You'll love how easy and tasty it is!
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 cooked potatoes, skin on, diced
- 1 stalk celery
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Cut cooked broccoli into florets and place in a bowl with the cooked potatoes and celery.
- Pour dressing over mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information may not be accurate.
Pin it for Later:
Easy Broccoli and Potato Salad
You may also like: