We're in the middle of a heat wave here, and I'm one of those people who doesn't want to eat when it's hot out. Which is pretty much all summer. Unfortunately, the rest of my family still thinks that eating is a good idea! So, I compromise, and we eat salads for meals. In order to "qualify" as a meal, salads have to include protein, veggies, and carbs - even if those carbs come from croutons. Here are a few of my favorite summer salad meal ideas. Since I boycot turning on the oven or stove when it's hot out, I just use leftover meat from another meal for many of them!
- Mexican Kale Salad with Zesty Cilantro Lime Dressing - Peas and Crayons
- Avocado Egg Salad With Cottage Cheese - Kalyn's Kitchen
- Easy Shrimp Avocado Salad With Tomatoes and Feta - Savory Tooth
- Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Salad - My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Healthy Chick Pea Pesto Salad With Pine Nuts - Happy Deal Happy Day
- Curry Chicken Salad - Pinch and Swirl
- Classic Chef's Salad - An Oregon Cottage
- Low Carb Tuna Spring Roll Salad - My Life Cookbook
- Tortellina Pasta Salad - Buy This Cook That
- Antipasto Salad With Easy Pesto Dresing - Cook Eat Paleo
- Southwest Chicken Quesadilla Salad - Tidy Mom
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad Bowls - The Thrifty Couple
- Grilled Chicken Salad & Homemade Croutons - Refresh Restyle
- Easy Deli Style Pasta Salad - The Shabby Creek Cottage
- Greek Salad With Sausage - Yesterday on Tuesday
- Corn and Tuna Salad - The Moody Blonde
- Copycat Zaxby's Cobb Zalad - The Moody Blonde
- Keto Tomato Cucumber Salad - The Moody Blonde
That's a good start - I'll add more as I go. My absolute favorite summer salad meal is my very own Barbecue Blue Chicken Salad, but I'll have to save that for another day as I'm out of chicken at the moment! Who says salad isn't a meal?
If you're looking for dessert, why not try Quick and Easy Lemonade Ice Pops?
Do you love a good roundup? Check out these related posts: